“Give me Vesuvius’ crater for an inkstand! Friends, hold my arms!For in the mere act of penning my thoughts of this Leviathan,they weary me, and make me faint with their outreaching comprehensiveness of sweep, as if to include the whole circleof the sciences, and all the generations of whales, and men,and mastodons, past, present, and to come, with all the revolving panoramas of empire on earth, and throughout the whole universe,not excluding its suburbs.Such, and so magnifying, is the virtue of a large and liberal theme! We expand to its bulk. To produce a mighty book, you must choose a mighty theme. No great and enduring volume can ever be written on the flea,though many there be who have tried it.” — “On Leviathan” Herman Melville
No comments yet.
- DOOMWATCH 2008: Special Edition
- Stoners, Human Bot Flies, and Walking Through Walls
- Flea Writing
- The Indiscreet Charm of the Howler Monkey: “Can you hear me now?”
- Itsy-bitsy, teeny-weeny Bigfoot discovered on Mars!
- Wow! Toxins Sucked Out of Your Feet!
- Pethouse: Pimp My Monkey
- New Menu Item @ The Endangered Species Restaurant
- Chocolate Bugs and Giant Space Cockroaches
- Rage Against the Machine
- If Sewage Crisis Then Inject Brain with Marijuana
- Bisexual Global Warming Threatens China